Vacation Security Checklist
1) Replace broken screens, latches, and windowpanes.
2) Secure gates and sheds.
3) Trim shrubbery.
4) Don’t hide house keys outside.
5) Give a neighbor a spare key. Ask them to get mail and newspapers, put trash cans in front of your house on trash day, mow and rake the lawn, and/or park in the driveway.
6) Turn off iron, ice-maker, electronics, and phone ringer.
7) Leave automatic sprinklers on, put timers on lamps, and install motion-activated lights outside.
8) Leave draperies open slightly on upper floors.
9) Don’t announce your absence with answering machine messages or notes on the door.
10) Remove garage door openers and house keys from cars.
11) Put valuables in safe-deposit box.
These are just some of the things that can keep your property safe when you vacation. Now go have a BLAST!!